Friday 18 February 2011

Rainbow Cupcakes

My little sister begged me to make cupcakes for her to take to school for her birthday. I wanted to make something that looks bright and fun so I came up with these rainbow cupcakes. By the way it’s not my own recipe; I actually found it on you tube.

Ingredients
1 ¾ Cup Plain flour
½ Cup Caster sugar
2 eggs
4 tbsp oil
1 Cup Milk
½ tsp salt
2 tsp Baking powder
Red food Colouring
Blue food colouring
Yellow food colouring

How to make
1.     Preheat oven to 180oC and put cake cases in a cup cake tray
2.     Put the flour, salt, baking powder in a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon
3.     In another bowl mix the eggs, oil, milk and sugar with an electrical mixer
4.     Put the dried ingredients in with the liquid ingredients and mix with an electrical mixer
5.     Separate the cake batter into six cups
6.     In each cup add a different colour including red, blue and yellow
7.     Mix red and yellow to make orange, blue and red to make purple and yellow and blue to make green
8.     Add ¾ tbsp of each colour into a case in the order of a rainbow, one colour on top of the other.
9.     Put into the middle of the oven and bake for about 20 minutes or until a skewer from the centre of the cake comes out clean.
10.   Leave it to cool for 10 minute then they should be ready.

Tip: To make it look and taste great you can add a dollop cream I made cream with extra thick carnation cream and 2 tbsp icing sugar and whisked. to finish off I added some chocolate sprinkles on top.



No comments:

Post a Comment